Powered By Blogger

Monday 3 November 2014

Review: Lip Balms

Okay, this is a weird one. But I own a fair few lip balms, so I thought why not try to give reviewing a try . . .


Body Shop Born Lippy - Watermelon
Smell: I personally hate the smell of this, but its not overly powering once wearing it. Basically what I mean is that you don't smell throughout the day. 

Color: This is quite sheer which I like as it doesn't give me orange lips as the color may suggest, it does give a slight glisten which is quite pretty but also a slight pink tint.

Taste: Odd thing to mention but I have a tendency to lick my balm off, this tastes like watermelon as the name would suggest, which not so shockingly I hate it.

Purpose: It does nourish and moisturize your lips and stop them chapping in the cold which is a bonus. 

Cost: Currently this costs £9.58 or $6 which is so overpriced, but I bought mine a few years back I think so does last.

Nivea - Soothe & Protect (SPF 15)

Smell: I personally can't smell anything even when I put right against my nose, which is nice because its a lip balm and why does it need a smell?

Color: This is super sheer which I like, it doesn't even leave much of a glisten or shine.

Taste: This tastes like sun cream, so I suggest you don't taste this one

Purpose: It does nourish and moisturize your lips and stop them chapping in the cold but even better it is good for the sunny weather as well

Cost: Currently this costs £2.99 or $1.87, but I got this and the other Nivea's in a box set.

Nivea - Essential Care
Smell: This has a smell, but not one that I can quite put my finger on what exactly it is.

Color: This is super sheer which I like, it does leave a slight glisten or shine.

Taste: This has not taste that I can pick up, so this is okay.

Purpose: It does work fairly well, but it does become soft and mushy in small amounts of heat. This was in my blazer pocket with another lip balm and this became softer.

Cost: Currently this costs £1.65 or $2.46, but I got this and the other Nivea's in a box set.

Boots Essentials - Tinted Lipsalve

Smell: This has no smell what-so-ever! So this is weird as almost all have something.

Color: This is as it says a tinted balm, it isn't overly colored but has hints of pink.

Taste: This tastes horrible to be honest, but nothing distinctive.

Purpose: It doesn't make your lips overly soft, it feels more like a lipstick upon application. 

Cost: Currently this costs £1 or $1.60.

Nivea - Milk & Honey
Smell: This is the worst smell of the lot, it doesn't smell like milk or honey.

Color: This is totally clear, no color at all.

Taste: This tastes as bad as it smells, not really sure what it is though?!

Purpose: A soft lip feeling, which is nice. Stops chapping, quite sticky.

Cost: Currently this costs £1.99 or $3.18

Nivea - Pearly Shine

Smell: This has a really pretty smell, it is fairly strong but nothing too overpowering.

Color: This leaves a pink tint very similar to the Boots Essentials balm. This is a bit sheerer and glistens more

Taste: This tastes quite nice, not too flavored 

Purpose: A soft lip feeling, which is nice. Stops chapping, quite sticky, leaves white line if not applied properly.

Cost: Currently this costs £1.99 or $

Other: I love the packaging for this one, but it is different from the others in the pack. The Boots balm would fit in more with the set than this one.


Hope you liked my first review, it was a bit iffy but I'll get there.

Love Bethan Canham xx

No comments:

Post a Comment